The Station House is a co-working and enterprise hub in the former station master’s house of Monaghan Train Station. The renovation, extension and conservation of the building, a protected structure, was completed in March 2021. The completed project provides high-quality, affordable hot desks, flexible offices, meeting rooms, boardrooms and communal spaces. Its objective is to connect the next generation of young entrepreneurs with Monaghan’s wider business community with the provision of a series of collaborative spaces.
The building, first opened in 1858 as a residence for the station master to the adjoining Train Station, was abandoned for a number of years. It has now been fully restored, using best-practice conservation principles. The addition of a coreten-clad extension to the east of the building adds a bright, contemporary communal kitchen and dining space.